Wednesday, April 5, 2023

APRIL #IWSG: Enjoy the Journey



                                                 First Wed of Every Month

The awesome co-hosts for the April 5 posting of the IWSG are Jemima Pett, Nancy Gideon, and Natalie Aguirre!


Every month, we announce a question that members can answer in their IWSG post. These questions may prompt you to share advice, insight, a personal experience or story. Include your answer to the question in your IWSG post or let it inspire your post if you are struggling with something to say. 

Remember, the question is optional!

April 5 question - Do you remember writing your first book? What were your thoughts about a career path on writing? Where are you now and how is it working out for you? If you're at the start of the journey, what are your goals?
 


You ready?
Let’s rock the neurotic writing world!




My first book seems like yesterday and it seems like years ago because it was. I knew little about book marketing and the fine-tuned details that go into a publishing contract back then. Since that time, I've written many books, but I'm taking my time, plotting my moves, and securing the best resources for my future.  

The past few months I've been working with an amazing editor out of London. She is absolutely the best with a sharp eye for detail and plot. Her encouraging words point out my many strengths and has given me confidence.

Best decision ever. Her advice on my next publishing moves has also proven invaluable. I'm still working on edits, but hoping to get my middle grade mystery into the right hands soon. 

My goals took a detour for a time, but I'm back on track. My new job allows me to work from home, enjoy the journey,  and have time to finish my manuscript. 

BEST JOB EVER!

7 comments:

  1. That's great that you found a really helpful editor and your schedule of working at home works with your writing schedule. I work at home and am writing more now too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finding the perfect editor is such a huge blessing, Jennifer. I was lucky that I had several good editors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woot for the best job ever! I'm glad you found the awesomest editor for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the best job ever. Glad you found your editor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A good editor is invaluable. Enjoy the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awesome that you found a great editor. Good luck with all of your writing goals!

    ReplyDelete

February #IWSG: Just Do It

                  Come join Alex J. Cavanaugh and the Insecure Writer's Support Group. We discuss our fears, insecurities, ups and downs...