Wednesday, January 3, 2024

January #IWSG: GOT GOALS?

 


                                                First Wed of Every Month



Let’s rock the neurotic writing world!
Our Twitter handle is @TheIWSG and hashtag is #IWSG.
 
The awesome co-hosts for the January 3 posting of the IWSG are Joylene Nowell Butler, Olga Godim, Diedre Knight, and Natalie Aguirre!

Every month, we announce a question that members can answer in their IWSG post. These questions may prompt you to share advice, insight, a personal experience or story. Include your answer to the question in your IWSG post or let it inspire your post if you are struggling with something to say. 

Remember, the question is optional
January 3 question: Do you follow back your readers on BookBub or do you only follow back other authors?




How is everyone doing this new year? Got goals? Got a headache from all the sugar? Got a sunburn or a windburn from vacation? I purchased several new blank notebooks, because I love writing things down. My goal this week is to write down my goals. 
Hee hee.




                                                            Rainy Courthouse

Coffee, dogs, and books


I've been dog-sitting for my son this past week, so limited writing for me. We've enjoyed the great outdoors even in December and now in January. Now that the holidays are over, I've started reading a few mystery thrillers, which is one of my goals. Finishing up edits on a project and revamping my website also made the cut.

Got any goals this new year? Excited about getting started? Avoiding goal-setting at all costs?

 

16 comments:

  1. I bet you are having fun dog sitting though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been enjoying thrillers and mysteries more too. I read a lot in the cold winter months. Good luck with goals. Mine is just to write more regularly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are always so many distractions! Ugh. Glad you are reading my favorite categories!

      Delete
  3. I love that first photo - the rain is so surreal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just a random pic. Sometimes the least planned ones turn out the best. TY!

      Delete
  4. Great pictures! I just got a ton of book rights back from things published in the '90s so it's off to get them scanned, re-edited and back into print for me in 2024!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm excited for this year. I hope to actually get my book to betas! Love the puppy pic. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quality time with the doggo is the perfect winter activity.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Time spent with furry friends is never wasted ;-) I enjoy having goals. They give me purpose. Happy 2024!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! How lonely life would be without them.

      Delete
  8. I have to work on writing down my goals as well. I got a new planner that I swear I will actually use!

    ReplyDelete

April #IWSG: Country Roads, City Girl

           Come join Alex J. Cavanaugh and the Insecure Writer's Support Group. We discuss our fears, insecurities, ups and downs of the...