Wednesday, February 2, 2022

February #IWSG: Snow Over It

                                                        First Wed of Every Month


                                                Remember, the question is optional!!!      


                                                                         You ready?

Let’s rock the neurotic writing world!

February 2 question - Is there someone who supported or influenced you that perhaps isn't around anymore? Anyone you miss?

The awesome co-hosts for the February 2 posting of the IWSG are Joylene Nowell Butler, Jacqui Murray, Sandra Cox, and Lee Lowery!


My fifth grade teacher read to the class and cultivated my love for books. However, she is still alive! A few English teachers and professors in college made writing fun. I think most of the people who influenced me are still present and accounted for. 

However, I missed having quality or quantity writing time when I worked as a librarian. I got plenty of reading time, which I will never regret. Now that I work mostly from home, I write everyday. Balancing this new job and starting a different path to publication has been the best decision ever. Words are flowing, plots are forming and twisting, and the pressure is off. I'm my own boss! 



We are ready for the snow-pocalypse! There's already a foot of snow outside. I'm praying this is the last storm of the season. Do you like being your own boss? Have you ever changed directions in your writing journey? 





18 comments:

  1. I'm glad you haven't lost anyone in your writing support system and that your muse is dancing on your shoulder;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennifer, teachers who read and make writing fun are so precious. I love it when the muse is generous, enjoy your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great that you have all of your support system. I'm glad your working at home and writing are working so well for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a bit worried at first, but I'm still loving it.

      Delete
  4. That's great you had a good teacher influence and have plenty of time to write now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snow! It's terrible outside today. My fifth grade teacher read to us too. I was so transfixed by the story she read that it did spark my interest in books. I forgot about that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's tough when the day job gets in the way of the writing. But reading is part of writing. It all helps out eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved working from home. And now that I'm officially retired, I love it even better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking forward to the day I can stay home all day and write. Working in a library has always sounded a little too much fun. I'd get fired on day one for sitting around reading or writing instead of doing my job.

    Glad you've found some creative freedom!

    Julie Quay

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad that your new job and path to publication has been your best decision and you're able to balance the things that matter most to you.

    ReplyDelete

April #IWSG: Country Roads, City Girl

           Come join Alex J. Cavanaugh and the Insecure Writer's Support Group. We discuss our fears, insecurities, ups and downs of the...