Wednesday, June 3, 2020

June #IWSG: God Bless America






June 3 question - Writers have secrets! What are one or two of yours, something readers would never know from your work?

The awesome co-hosts for the June 3 posting of the IWSG are Pat Garcia, J.Q. Rose, and Natalie Aguirre!




Anyone else super busy this month? Lots of celebrations to keep my whole family hopping. Graduations, birthdays, my anniversary. 

I am so thankful I live in Missouri. We've been free for over a month now. People from every part of the country have flocked to America's Hometown to enjoy life once again. Life is pretty much back to normal. Can't say for the rest of the country. Lord help us. I choose to work in a low-income school with kids of all races. Please don't lump all white people into one category. God loves everyone and so should you. Rioting and looting is wrong. It's against the law and it's destroying lives. End of rant. 

A secret I've added to one of my stories pertains to my hair color. I hated red hair growing up. I tried to dye it, hide it, you name it. A character in one of my books has a unique hair color situation (not red) and it's a perfect picture of my childhood. My mom refused to let me dye my hair, and as a kid, I was stuck with it.  

How is everyone doing this month? Don't let the world get you down. I refuse to give in to fear and hate. God bless (help us inspite of ourselves) America!





20 comments:

  1. What's wrong with being a redhead? Means you have spirit.
    Amen - God does love everyone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loathed my hair color. I was very jealous of my sister's blonde locks.

      Delete
  2. Glad you have so much to celebrate. And great to hear things are back to normal for you. We're not there yet in Michigan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really should be thankful life is back to normal around here. But the schedule gets filled up rather quickly. I hear MI is opening this week!

      Delete
  3. Hi,
    Rioting and looting are wrong. They don't solve the problem that a man was murdered on the street. What the policeman did was wrong. However, you don't settle one wrong by committing another wrong. What is needed is something that neither government regulations or anyone else can give and that is repentance that leads to love and respect for each human being. God made us all and He is no respecter of person.
    All the best and thanks for being a part of the IWSG.

    Shalom aleichem,
    Pat G @ EverythingMustChange

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love and respect for human beings. God is the answer!

      Delete
  4. I second your rant.

    My hair was brownish when I was young, then it turned strawberry blonde. Then I bleached it for 17 years. When I stopped and realized how red it was growing back in, I went with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Mine went from strawberry blonde to red to back again to somewhere in between. Darker red in the winter months. I've never dyed my hair. Fear of my mother still haunts me. lol

      Delete
  5. Red hair is beautiful! My daughter, who has extremely pale skin, occasionally colors her hair red and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, pale skin does go with red hair. I am so pasty white in summer. Probably why I like fall the best.

      Delete
  6. I love red hair. I remember reading Anne of Green Gables and how she hated it though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Also don't lump all black people into my category.

    I love red hair and dye my hair red. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't know you were from Missouri. Me too! I always wished I had Blue Eyes. Happy Hop Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hated my red hair as a kid. I feel your pain. But then it darkened as I aged, and now I miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hah! My cozy MC is a kick-ass redhead!

    We're officially opening slowly up in Central Illinois, but unofficially, people have moved at their own pace a bit more quickly. All things considered, we're in a good place.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My hair is black, so I can't dye it unless I bleach it first. I've done plenty of damage to my hair over the years, though, starting in 8th grade when I first started experimenting with highlights. My mom was pretty cool with it. In fact, this is the first time in a while that my hair's been my natural hair color, just because I haven't felt like bleaching it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love red hair! I used to wish I could have red hair like Anne of Green Gables growing up, because she was one of my heroes. Agreed this month is super busy.
    Anne from annehiga.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to hear you're up and running. It feels a long way away for us over here, even though they want to open more shops. Totally agree that rioting and violence is wrong and won't achieve anything. Peaceful protest, yes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have pitch black hair, fuzzy, in my childhood I use to hate it, now I love it. Hope you and your family enjoyed all the celebrations?

    ReplyDelete

April #IWSG: Country Roads, City Girl

           Come join Alex J. Cavanaugh and the Insecure Writer's Support Group. We discuss our fears, insecurities, ups and downs of the...