Wednesday, April 4, 2018

April #IWSG: Rainy Days and Zoo Trips





OPTIONAL IWSG Day Question: 
When your writing life is a bit cloudy or filled with rain, what do you do to dig down and keep on writing?
Co-Hosts:
Olga Godim, Chemist Ken, Renee Scattergood, and Tamara Narayan!




This past month brought tons of rain, a snow day, and the flu. I love rain. Don't even talk to me about the other two incidences. 

I don't have to dig deep these days. The faucet in my writerly brain overfloweth. My CP and I are on a roll. Almost finished with our initial exchange-two-chapters-at-a-time method, I'm anxious to dig deeper. If you fail at digging a tunnel to the heart of your story or you're stuck in the muddy middle, I suggest reading K.M. Weiland's blog posts (talk about a gold mine!) and the book Story Genius by Lisa Cron.

I'm keeping this post short this month due to flu bug crawling its way into our home. I can't wait to hear how you guys dig deep and keep writing strong! 

We did manage a day outing during Easter break. I highly recommend the free St. Louis Zoo. The penguin exhibit and the sea lion tunnel are worth the traffic jams. 










34 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great day out. Yuck, the flu is not so good, hope you feel better soon. Sounds like your writing is going well, wishing you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think that was the worst stomach bug I've ever experienced. :(

      Delete
  2. Hi Jennifer, sounds like your writing is going great. I'll look for Story Genius and K.M. Weiland's blog posts, thanks for the suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're on a roll with the story! The flu, not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have SeaWorld passes right now, so that's my go to for outings. Here's hoping the flu goes away fast. We're working on a head cold that my college son brought to us. So kind of him. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sea World sounds fun! My oldest son gave me the flu bug. So kind and thoughtful.

      Delete
  5. I love penguins.

    That's wonderful news you're on a writing roll.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Get well soon. So happy to hear you are on a roll. Keep rolling.
    All the best.
    Shalom aleichem,
    Pat G @ EverythingMustChange

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures! I am sorry the flu has struck and I wish you all a speedy recovery. I love all the resources you listed too. Happy IWSG day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Letting that faucet flow is the best way to be. Blah to the flu though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad the writing is on a roll! Hopefully the flu goes away soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you feel better soon. The flu so sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry that you aren't feeling well, but glad that you are on a writing roll. And I need to start reading K.M. Weilland's posts. Janice Hardy's at Fiction University are good too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome photos and so sorry about the flu.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad that you and your family had an outing over Easter Break, in spite of the snow and the flu, Jennifer. I actually loved snow days, although I had few during my teaching career. Usually I took a crate of work home to catch up on during those days, but it was wonderful to do so in my sweats while drinking lots of coffee! Woo Hoo! May your productive writing continue!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry about the bug, but glad you were well enough to post on the IWSG first Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sending healthy wishes that April will bring good health to you and your family. Glad to hear your writing is progressing. That's a plus.

    ReplyDelete
  16. We haven't gotten the flu here (yet), but I'm trying to recover from another hacking cough/cold. This has been a wicked year for illness. I love visiting zoos and those exhibits look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sorry for the flu. But congrat's on the writing bug hitting too! Love the pics.

    Have a wonderful writing month!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like you're doing well with your writing. Sorry about the flu. A lot of people have had it a couple of times this year. Hope you feel better soon! (Cute penguin picture!)

    ReplyDelete

February #IWSG: Just Do It

                  Come join Alex J. Cavanaugh and the Insecure Writer's Support Group. We discuss our fears, insecurities, ups and downs...