Wednesday, June 4, 2014

IWSG: Overwhelmed & Excited

 My kids have invaded my house for summer vacation & I am feeling overwhelmed. I'm praying for no house fires, broken bones or car accidents (oldest son is now driving.) Writing with kids in the house can be difficult. But I will continue to write and edit, waking up early to accomplish my goals. And why bother cleaning my house this summer? It's just going to stay messy until August.


The birthday girl!
Today, I am also feeling excited because we are celebrating my baby girl's fifth birthday. The feeling of excitement also stems from my upcoming family vacation (moms & writers need a break!) and book signing. During the "Twain on Main" festival over Memorial Day weekend, I met someone special walking the streets of Hannibal. The local news even snagged an interview with the legendary Mark Twain. I feel privileged to live in such a literary town!
Join me at The Mark Twain Museum on July 19th for a book signing!


Do you have a house full of kids this summer? How do you deal with all the stress? Do you have any vacations planned this summer? What are your writing goals for the summer months?





13 comments:

  1. Good luck with the kids! We've never had any, so can't imagine what it's like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine my life without them, but sometimes I like to imagine what a day without them would be like;-)

      Delete
  2. I don't have any kids, but I have parents and coworkers who don't respect the writing bubble I try to create daily. It's hard. I have a five day trip to San Antonio planned. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep the writing time sacred:-) Have fun in Texas. Some of my fam lives in Houston. Enjoy the high temps!

      Delete
  3. Can't the kids help you clean? Maybe if they help, they'll feel more responsible for keeping it clean. (Okay, you can stop laughing now.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they do to some degree. But they are boys and their messes outweigh their cleaning abilities;-)

      Delete
  4. Oh, your daughter is adorable! Happy birthday to her!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think so too, especially after two boys!

      Delete
  5. I definitely have a house full of kids. When I came home from work the other day, I found a few extras sitting around my kitchen table eating a meal. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Writing always trumps housecleaning. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated birthday to your daughter.

    I'm the opposite. I'm a teacher with the summer off with no kids of my own. I have a lot of time to write. I'm glad you'll be making the time.

    ReplyDelete

February #IWSG: Just Do It

                  Come join Alex J. Cavanaugh and the Insecure Writer's Support Group. We discuss our fears, insecurities, ups and downs...